I thought it would be a great idea to start breaking down the systems, software, and devices that I use to record this demo. Here is my step by step process in regards to the demo production and recording of this particular song.
- DAW used was Ableton Lite.
- Recorded and produced on an iMac.
- Drums were done via midi. Addictive Drums 2 plugin was used as the main host for the drums. It has quite an amazing sound.
- Guitars and bass were recorded via an audio interface (MBOX 2). It’s an old interface, but it still packs a punch. The only bad thing about that hardware is that M-Audio stopped updating the drivers for IOS Mountain lion and above. The plugin used for both guitars and bass were Amplitude 4. It contains hundreds of unique emulated sounds.
- No mastering was done for the track. Only mixing was involved in the final phase of the track.
- The track was recorded and mixed in one day.
This song is produced be Sergio Pedemonte, who is a writer for Mimi Taylor.
Thank you for reading my blog about demo production and recording.
More reads below: